Saja leads the EU CCWater Project at SEUSL
Dr. A.M.A. Saja has been appointed as the Project Coordinator for the European Union Funded Graduates for Climate Change adapted Water Management (CCWater) at the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka. This project has 11 Higher Education Institutions from Norway, Polland, Germany, Sri Lanka, Mongolia and China.
The main objective of the project is to “STRENGTHEN WATER-RELATED HIGHER EDUCATION IN 6 PARTNER COUNTRIES TO INCREASE THE RESILIENCE AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACTS BY DEVELOPING HEI’S COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY AND TEACHING RESOURCES THROUGH THE FOLLOWING FIVE FOCUS AREAS:
- CLIMATE RESILIENCE AND SUSTAINABILITY: Enhance climate resilience and sustainability of water resources and infrastructures in the Partner Countries
- WATER-RELATED HIGHER EDUCATION: Modernize water-related higher education with climate change issues and internationalize HEIs from the Partner Countries
- COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Improve the level of competencies and skills in HEIs from the Partner Countries
- RELATIONS OF HEIs: Strengthen relations of HEIs in the Partner Countries with the wider economic and social environment, and enhance their innovation capacity.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Improve diversity and inclusion of higher education in the Partner Countries