EXPERIENCE IN ASSIGNMENTS/TRAINING PROGRAMS (2006-2013):
Community Resilience project – DIPECHO Consortium Sri Lanka
- Lead facilitator for training of trainers on community resilience
- Training on “Facilitation Skills Review”, DIPECHO Consortium CRF Master Trainers, Trincomalee
- Mentor/Assessor/Trainer for developing skills of trainees on community resilience
Guideline development/Standards [CRF/WASH]:
- Develop contextualized guidelines for well cleaning for Batticaloa district in consultation with WASH stakeholders [Supported by Oxfam].
- Development of Hazard specific WASH Needs and Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit for Sri Lanka [Floods, Drought, Landslides and CKDu], UNICEF/Seva Lanka under Regional Emergency Cluster Advisors project.
- Training strategy for implementation of Community Resilience Framework & Revision of CRF Manual
Training Needs Assessment/CBO Capacity building/Community consultation:
- Training Needs Assessment among women from CBOs and youth – for GBV issues, Killinochchi & Mullaitivu districts, SSDW project CARE Intl.
- Training Needs Assessments for CBOs in the UNDP Capacity building projects in Sri Lanka, UNDP/University of Colombo.
- Development of CBO training modules and training CBOs in capacity building modules, UNDP/University of Colombo.
- Training on WASH Development Plan for Solidaridad/ISD/Nucleus EU Project, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Training on Community Resilience to Faith-Based Organisations, Colombo, conducted for Community Resilience Centre.
- Proposal, Report and Budget writing for MCC (CSO).
- CBDRM workshop for teachers organised by World Vision Sri Lanka.
- Sphere workshop for Sri Lanka Red Cross Society by Consortium of Humanitarian Agencies (CHA).
- Prepared and delivered 3 days basic disaster management training for staff members of Community Development Organization (CDO), Mullaitivu under SPICE Project of USAID.
Proposal development/Report writing/Disappearance/Conflict Resolution:
- Coaching on preparing Final Report for the Phase II of the project on EFD and preparing the proposal for the Phase III (SWISS Embassy funded).
– Drafting the final narrative report for Empowerment: Families of Disappeared – Phase II project
- Development of new proposal for Empowerment: Families of Disappeared in Sri Lanka – Phase III project
- Reviewed the mid-term project implementation report of MCC project on Empowerment of Families of people Disappearances – Phase II, funded by SWISS Embassy, Mannar Citizen Committee.
- Coaching on project reporting and monitoring and Training Needs Assessment for Mannar Citizen Committee (CSO) for Swiss Embassy funded project on disappearances in the Northern Sri Lanka.
- Coaching and mentoring of Mannar Citizens’ Committee on proposal development and report writing for Swiss Embassy funded project working on disappearance.
Inclusive education/Proposal design:
- Proposal design on “Inclusive Education” for the submission of BMZ. Title: Promoting and strengthening Inclusive Education of Children with Special Needs and Children of Ex. combatants in Northern and Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka, SEEDS Vavuniya.
Protection/Community Needs Assessment/Participatory tools & Consultation:
- Carried out a rapid needs assessment of returnees, returned to their place of origin in the High Security Zone, in Jaffna district, Swiss Embassy in Sri Lanka, Jaffna Office.
- Community Needs Assessment, Batticaloa district for Brandix (pvt) Ltd/CARE Sri Lanka.
- Developed a policy brief document on mitigating GBV in Kilinochchi and Mullaitivu districts in consultation with women community leaders for the submission of Northern Provincial Council under SSDW2 project, CARE International, Sri Lanka.
- Review of Children and Women Development Units (CWDU) in 5 DS divisions in Killinochchi and Mullaitivu districts, CARE Sri Lanka.
- Baseline Assessment for CARE to implement Safety, Security and Dignity for Women (SSDW2).