(7 years of professional experience in humanitarian and development sector + 5 years of volunteering in social service + 5 years of research and academic experience)
General–Project Cycle Management and Monitoring & Evaluation+ Sector expertise – DRR, Food security/Livelihood, Protection, WASH & Gender + Training/OD
1. Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, Oluvil (Since July 2013). On study leave since 15th August 2016.
2. Programme Assistant –European Commission, DG Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection (ECHO), Sri Lanka & Maldives (Since 1st May 2010– 30 June 2013)– 3 years, based in Colombo with frequent travel to the programme field sites. (Reporting to Head of Office and working with Technical Assistants and Programme Assistant)
Basic Function of Position:
Assessed general and sector based humanitarian needs,
Appraised on average 20 project proposals of implementing partners (UN and INGOs) annually, Monitored projects funded by ECHO – average 2 projects/month,
Advised on ECHO’s response to specific situations,
Contributed to the development of ECHO’s strategy in Sri Lanka, particularly on disaster preparedness funding instrument (DIPECHO).
Core sectors of responsibility – DIPECHO, Protection, Food Assistance, Coordination, LRRD
Partners: Protection and Coordination – mainly UN, Food and DRR – mainly INGOs.
3. Project Manager – Disaster Management & Humanitarian Programming, Learning
Support & Capacity Building Programme, RedR UK in Sri Lanka (Jan 2009–April 2010)
National position based in Colombo with frequent travel to north & east. (Reporting to Country Programme Director and responsible for Programme Support team, Consultants and International & National Trainers and working with Learning Support team)
4. Manager-Resource Development – RedR UK in Sri Lanka (Feb 2006–Dec 2008)
– National position based in Colombo with frequent travel to north & east. (Reporting to Programme & Partnerships Manger)
Core sectors of responsibility – DRR, Capacity building, Project Management/Grant
Management; Partners: mainly INGOs/NGOs and CBOs
Donors: ECHO, Big Lottery Fund UK, DEC UK + Private funding from RedR affiliates
Project Planning & Management
M&E, Donor reporting
Staff & Finance Management
Training design and delivery
5. Project Coordinator, Eastern Province at the ASARIM – Sri Lanka on the livelihood
project sponsored by the Muslim Aid Sri Lanka (01st Dec 2005 – 10th Feb 2006) – Based in Ampara.
Core sector of responsibility – Livelihood project management
6. Volunteer of RedR – Sri Lanka and worked with ASARIM in setting
up the Project Management office in Colombo. (1st Oct 2005 – 31st Nov 2005)
7. Instructor, consultant/research assistant (01st Mar 2005 – 31st July 2005)