Participated in 25 international training/conferences/seminars held in 16 countries, in addition to over 30 training programs locally held in Sri Lanka.
Title of international training programs include: PCM, M&E, DRR, Humanitarian response, Community approaches, Research skills…
- Summer School, Brown International Advance Research Institute (BIARI), Watson Institute, Brown University, USA
- R2HC project by ELRAH with Boston University, USA, Nepal Field Visit
- International Conference on Mountain Cities, Climate Change and Urban Sustainability/ 1st Chandigarh Climate Meet at Chandigarh, India
- International Training Workshop on Integrated Risk Assessment Methods Using Spatial and Social Vulnerability Data for Disaster Risk Reduction in Sanya, China
- Young Researchers School, ProsperNet, United Nations University, Japan, held in Yogjakarta, Indonesia
- 2020 TeLL-Net Forum, Kobe, Japan
- Community Solutions Program, Department of State, Washington DC/Chicago, USA
- AI-SOCD Heat Stress Sensors, Early Warning and Information Technology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
- Water Resources in Arid Areas: The Way forward, the Water Research Center, held at Sultan Qaboos University Conference Hall, Oman
- Advanced Information Research Skills, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- ECHO Framework Partnership Agreement, Pundo-sud/IPSI/MDF, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- E-tools (ECHO electronic system), Pundo-sud, IPSI & MDF Europe, Bangkok, Thailand.
- ECHO Regional Seminar, New Delhi, India.
- ECHO Regional Seminar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- ECHO Experts seminar/European Development Days, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Humanitarian Negotiators Training Course (HNTC-5), CIHC-USA/Penang Medical College, Penang, Malaysia.
- International Humanitarian Law (IHL) ICRC/ National University of Malaysia (UKM), Kulalumpur, Malaysia.
- Protection training, ECHO, New Delhi, India.
- Hostile Environment Training Awareness (HEAT), Geos/ECHO, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Personal Safety and communication, RedR Aus/Dookie campus, Melbourne, Australia.
- Nutrition Awareness training, ACF India/ECHO, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Emergency Market Mapping Analysis (EMMA), Practical Action, New Delhi, India
- 15th Regional course in CBDRM, ADPC Bangkok, Thailand
- Certificate course, ”Multi Hazard Risk Assessment”, ITC-Associated institute United Nations University, Enschade, The Netherlands
- CBDRM manual development (Course and trainers guide), RedR India, Pune, India
- Regional conference on DIPECHO, Kathmandu, Nepal
- WASH Coordination platform – SA/SEAP, RECA Project, UNICEF, Bangkok
- Climate Action Champions Network South Asia ORF India/US Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Dealing with the past Swiss Peace/OFDA Embassy of Switzerland, Bern, Switzerland
- Volunteer – Emergency Services Australian Red Cross, Brisbane, Australia
- Workshop on personal leadership development plan preparation Department of State/IREX USA, Washington DC, USA
- Induction workshop on community leadership Department of State/IREX USA, Washington DC, USA
- e-GRAD School Advance Module on Critical and Creative Thinking [50 Hours] Queensland University of Technology, Australia/Australian Technology Network of Universities, Brisbane, Australia
- Introduction to Research module, part of PhD program Queensland University of Technology, Australia, Brisbane, Australia
National (In Sri Lanka):
|Title of the short course/workshop/seminars||Institute||Time period|
|Volunteer National Review – Sustainable Development Goals Sri Lanka 2022||Sustainable Development Council Sri Lanka/UNDP/Eastern Provincial Council||March 2022|
|Participant in the “Sendai Spring – Risk to Resilience” conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka||A-PAD/CHA/ADRRN/DMC||February 2016|
|7th International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment [ICSBE 2016]||Green Building Council of Sri Lanka/UoP/UoM/UoR||Dec 2016|
|Certificate of Teaching in Higher Education/Induction Program for Academic Staff [150 Hrs.]||SDC/HETC, SEUSL||Nov 2015|
|Writing a winning research proposal: a definitive guide||SDC/SEUSL, Young Scientist Forum, NASTEC Sri Lanka||Oct 2015|
|Research Methodology||Research Innovation Centre/SDC, SEUSL||Nov 2014|
|Business Edge – Training of Trainers||IFC/World Bank Group||Dec 2013|
|Outcome Based Education/Student Centred Learning||IESL/HETC, UGC||Aug 2013|
|Project Management Best Practices Workshop||UNOPS/PMI||Jan 2013|
|Training Course on First Aid||Sri Lanka Red Cross Society – Colombo||Oct 2012|
|Plain English||The British Council||Aug 2011|
|Fire Awareness Training||Safety and Leisure Training Middle East||Nov 2010|
|Tokyo Development Learning Center, World Bank/ The University of Southern Queensland||Rapid Design of eLearning Programs||Mar 2010|
|Managing Projects in Emergencies||RedR UK/Oxford Brookes University (5M credit for masters)||Apr 2010|
|Managing People in Emergencies||RedR UK/Oxford Brookes University (5M credit for masters)||Apr 2010|
|Introduction to conflict sensitivity||RedR UK/CS Project funded by DFID||Apr 2010|
|HAP 2007 Standard in Humanitarian Accountability and Quality Management||Lutheran World Relief||Jul 2009|
|RedR Membership Interviewers||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Nov 2008|
|FM 8 – Successful Grants Management||RedR/Mango, UK||Nov 2008|
|BE2: Budgeting for project proposals||RedR/Mango, UK||Nov 2008|
|Asia-Pacific regional short course on Essentials of Humanitarian Negotiation||UNHCR e-centre-Japan||Jul 2008|
|Coaching and Facilitation Skills||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Jul 2007|
|Sphere and Training of Trainers||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Nov 2006|
|CPA 5 – Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Nov 2006|
|CPA 4 – Designing Community Based Projects||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Oct 2006|
|CPA 3 – Community Participatory Planning||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Sep 2006|
|CPA 2 – Community Participatory Assessment Tools||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Aug 2006|
|CPA 1 – Introduction to Community Participatory Approaches||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Jul 2006|
|Training of Trainers workshop||RedR UK in Sri Lanka||Mar/May 2006|
|Emergency Preparedness workshop||RedR-IHE in Sri Lanka||Nov 2005|
|Leadership & Life skills Training Program||Laurel Leadership & Life Skill Training Academy of Sri Lanka||Sep 2005|
|Certification training on Project Management [35 Hours]||Singapore Informatics Sri Lanka/ PMI USA||Jul 2005|
|50 hours course in English Language [Upper Intermediate 7]||The British Council||Apr-Jun 2000|
|Stockholm+50 National Consultation: Academia & Research Institutions [Online]||Ministry of Environment, Sri Lanka UNDP||April 2022|
|Solutions Summit – 2022 [Online]||IREX/CSP||April 2022|